KISS ESC 24 amp Race Edition
In the sense of our KISS ESC line, the KISS ESC 24 amp Race Edition offers a great compatibility to a wide range of motors, the work of years went in to making the best possible here.
The fast 32it Arm Cortex CPU does a very good job and runs the ESC very effective, of course reaction times are top notch.
The 24 Race Edition is layed out as a beefy ESC which withstand quite some abuse due to FPV races, several mechanisms doing its best to protect your valuable equipment, the rating of 24A wont need direct cooling, mounting them partially covered is ok.
No need to worry with different firmwares, simply solder and fly (some solder skills are the only needed skills).
First ESC with with oneshot42 support (dont worry, Oneshot125 and normal PWM are auto detected too).
Beside this, this is the first ESC who offer a easy to use telemetry function over the regular servo connector which you can use in combination with our KISS-FC, no external heavy parts needed anymore to have infos like voltage, ampere and even your RPM on your OSD (MinimOSD supported) or on your receiver LCD screen (Frsky-Taranis, f.e.).
Of course these ESC can be used like any regular ESC, you just need to solder wires to them.
- 32-bit ARM Cortex MCU @48Mhz
- Telemetry capability (voltage, current, temp, rpm)
- Over-current protection (measures the current and reduces it to max 30A)
- Over temperature protection (reduces the max power if hotter then 120°C)
- Expanded adaptive auto timing (3,25-30° advance will be calculated on each commutation)
- For Race Multicopters (24A continuous also with bad cooling *)
- High max. RPM (450.000ERpm, 64.000Rpm with a 14Pol Motor)
- Small size (19 x 27 mm)
- Accurate RPM control (~ 950 steps)
- No additional capacitor needed**
- Very fast throttle response
- Linear throttle response
- Active freewheeling (low diode losses)
- Regenerative braking
- Fast FET switching because of the use of gate drivers
- 2-5S LiPo**
- Oneshot42, Oneshot125 and normal (25 ? 500Hz) PWM auto detected.
- DMA hardware support – Direct Memory Access – keeps the cpu load low while using Dshot 600
- 100% compatible hardware for digital protocolls – Dshot
- Operating voltage 6 – 25V
- Maximum continuous current 24A
- Instantaneous maximum current 30A active limited
- 500,000 ERPM maximum field speed (use of 450,000 recommended)
(**) For very long LiPo power lines (more than 20cm) or for smoothing the power supply, attache a 100 – 400µF Low ESR 25V (or more) electrolytic capacitor to the power pads. Caution! When used with 5S lipo, the use of a electrolytic capacitor is recommended. (*) e.g. When mounted between two CF plates
- Due to the regenerative braking, the KISS ESC should only be powered by LiPo batteries.
- Never start a brush-less motor in your hands!
- While starting up with propellers mounted, always care for distance yourself and objects
- Never power up your ESC/speed controllers without a valid signal transmitter (receiver or FC) is connected.
- The KISS ESC can be locally heated up to 80 ° C during operation!
- While soldering do not connect a voltage source at the ESC / speed controller.
- Some components on the KISS ESC can be destroyed by static charge. When handling such electronics, make sure to be grounded
Read the Wiki section for Electrostatic Discharge before soldering.
DOWNLOADS (Manuals, Firmware, GUIs): http://kiss.flyduino.net/downloads/
1x KISS ESC 24 amp Race Edition assembled board